The best part of getting married is the honeymoon! This is the time to focus on each other and create the trip of your dreams. That’s doesn’t mean you have to blow the bank, but make sure you allocate sufficient funds to make this feel like the special trip it is.
Popular Honeymoon Destinations
- St. Lucia – unique, romantic resorts with exotic feel nearby
- Hawaii – exotic with magnificent resorts and lots of activities
- Italy – wonderful food and wine with a laid back way of life
- French Polynesia (Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora) – exotic, tropical and over water bungalows
- South Africa – luxury and service in a unique setting
For the Honeymoon of Your Dreams
- Plan your honeymoon, 6-9 months in advance or longer for peak travel seasons, peak wedding months, and holiday periods. This will allow you time to focus on wedding details that must be done closer to your wedding day.
- Rest and spend time with out of town guests for a couple of days after the wedding. With so much activity and stress before the wedding, this will help your body rejuvenate so you don’t get sick while traveling.
- Select a setting/destination that excites both of you.
- Be careful of over planning too many activities and travel. This is a time for lazing in bed, little structure and relaxed meals.
- Plan surprises for each other and take advantage of the unexpected.