Never do you hear “I can’t wait to pack for my trip.” Packing is seen as the price you must pay to travel. Travelers fear –
- Forgetting something
- Insufficient options
- Insufficient space
Rules to Help Make Packing Easier
- Your mantra while packing and throughout your trip is “These people will never see me again.” So wearing a piece of clothing 4 times should not be an issue.
- Vacation is about treating yourself, so one of your treats is to use the hotel laundry service for a couple of pieces, if necessary. The cost really is minimal when you look at the hassle of dealing with clothing in suitcases.
- Wash clothes during your shower. If you are checking out, place wet items in a plastic bag and hang up on arrival at your next hotel.
- When you are ready to pack, put everything on the bed before putting anything in the suitcase. Remove 10-50%. The amount depends on how much you have brought home unworn on past trips.
- Make children follow these rules as well.